Fort Sheridan

Cast bronze plaques mounted in stone pylon

Fort Sheridan was built in the 1880’s during a period when Chicago was growing from a pioneer settlement to a thriving urban center.

A large portion of land became The Town of Fort Sheridan in 1993, the first new community on the lakefront in over 100 years. H.M. Witt & Co. was selected as the sole provider of signage for this historic new development. Working closely with town planners and architects, H.M. Witt & Co. utilized a full repertoire of sign making skills to deliver the signs that represent the aspirations of this historic project.